Wednesday, March 31, 2010

256.2...and other mysterious numbers

I'm having a bit of an obsession with numbers lately.  Numbers like....

66.7 - number of miles run last week [weekly high by 5 or so]

256.2 - number of miles run in March [a monthly high by almost 30]

20 - days until Boston

8:00 - marathon pace to run sub-3:30

7:52 - pace of my 23 mile long run on the course on Sunday

Um...yeah...

I have a whole lot of thoughts flying around my mind about the race, my training, and my goals, especially after the above-mentioned ridiculous long run, but I'm not having much luck transforming my thoughts into words at the moment....sooo I will leave you with this exciting list of numbers and hopefully come up with a more coherent post tomorrow.  Suffice it to say, I'm getting extremely excited and nervous at the same time - feeling like I'm standing on the brink of a really phenomenal race, and hoping that everything that I think I've done right will pay off in 20 days.

20 daaaaaaays!!

3 comments:

Lacey said...

23!!!!!!!!!!!!! at sub pace! you are so ready :) you have gotten yourself to such a high point, way to go!! i can't even imagine how excited you are :)

Anonymous said...

those are some stellar numbers. we are so close to boston!!! eeeeek. i can't wait to see what you do in 18 (?) days

Anonymous said...

Can...Not...Wait!!! You're gonna rock it...that 23 miler is the proof!