Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Back from Boston

Just a quick post to say I'm back with a lease for an apartment in Boston in hand - eek! I had a lovely 5 days off of running after the half, and I did go on one beautiful run while I was in Boston...lets just say I'm really looking forward to it being a place I can run every day!! Running this week is going to be pretty low mileage, I'm getting over a cold and I'm trying to split my time between running and attempting to swim/bike to prepare for this ridiculous triathlon next weekend...really not so sure how that's going to go. Basically if I can get through the swim I think I'll be fine, but that's probably going to take quite a bit of work in the next 10 days. But I think I can do it, I just need to get into a routine and stop being such a lazy bum. That's one of the things I don't like about summer - my job hours aren't the same every week and its just impossible to get into a routine. Oh well...

Today was just an easy 4.5 miles...I realized I forgot my watch and didn't feel like going back to get it so I'm not sure on time, but it felt pretty decent. Much better than yesterday's run - I was having so much trouble breathing, stupid colds. It was only like 50 degrees out...umm...last time I checked, it was JUNE?? I don't mind it being cooler for the sake of running, but seriously...I just got a new swimsuit, I would like to wear it at some point! I was going to go swimming but I think I'm going to go tomorrow before work instead..it's lunchtime and I'm really hungry! Tonight I'm going to the Madison Mallards game for a friend's birthday...soo excited, first of all the games are so much fun, there are tons of free giveaways, and the Duck Blind where we're sitting is all you can eat, all you can drink for $25...so I will be eating a LOT of brats. :)

No comments: