Tuesday, February 01, 2011

No, nature. Just no.

This satellite image from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration showed the storm covering the United States on Tuesday.
Oh, hi, massive snowstorm covering half the US.  Because I mean, we don't already have like 2 feet of snow on the ground in Boston, most of which seems to have been left on the sidewalks and roads for me to potentially fall in while attempting to "run" outdoors.  6-18 inches more? For sure. Just what I needed.  Thanks a bunch, NATURE.

In other news, I ran 43 miles last week and actually did a workout that nearly destroyed all of my self esteem and/or soul on Tuesday.  Word on the street: I'm out of shape.  The snow explosion isn't helping my motivation.  Dear lord, am I glad I'm not training for Boston right now.

I'll think of more entertaining things to write later...enjoy your snow days if you have them. Something tells me BU will suck at life and make us go to class, but I'm drinking a Rogue Mocha Porter to spite them and keeping my fingers crossed.  Because quite frankly, I wouldn't mind missing out on wound care lab tomorrow...although after tonight's extremely messy run through the slop, if the gym is closed tomorrow I may be in trouble...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Crossing my fingers for snow days for all in the northeast.

Except that hopefully the gym/treadmill will still magically be open... because runs through the slop are not the best. You guys are troopers, with all that snow. I raise my glass to y'all.

J said...

It wasn't as bad here as they predicted although all the schools closed last night before the storm even hit. We got about 4 inches of snow instead of the foot they were calling for. I don't know what happened in Boston but hopefully it isn't too bad.

Anonymous said...

i thought i was going to get a snowday but i think i have to go into work in the afternoon. boooooo.