Wednesday, January 14, 2009

iFartlek

I knew I needed to do a track workout yesterday but I didn't feel like doing intervals, so I decided I would do a fartlek type thing instead. It was actually quite fun - I put on my ipod and the first song that came up I ran hard, next song easy, etc. The catch was, I didn't let myself skip any songs, so if I ended up having to run a 6 minute hard/1:30 easy interval...well, that's the way it goes. It was actually a really good workout - it ended up being about even hard/easy and I was running at around 6:45 pace on the hard intervals, so it was actually kind of sweet. It also made running in the Shell a little less monotonous...it's kind of nice changing pace every 3-5 minutes!

So other than that, I'm signed up to race the mile on Saturday. Yeaaaah. I cannot even ballpark what time I think I'll run. I keep thinking I'm so out of shape, blah blah blah....but at the same time, I've done a TON more this break than I did last year when I was having all my IT band shit, and I still ran a 5:50 mile at Carthage...so who knows? Not to mention workouts can't always predict what I'll pull out when the adrenaline's flowing and whatnot. Whatever, I'm nervous. But I guess we'll just have to see! Also it's going to be really awesome having to basically finish my race, run to my car, and go straight to work...woo hoo! Speaking off work, that's where I'm off to now...so exciting.

No comments: