Tuesday, July 14, 2009

A few more triathlon pictures

Yes, I know it was like a month ago, but bear with me, I'm still pumped about the damn thing. And my mom had these pictures on her camera, and is a little bit technology impaired so I only recently got my hands on them. Also, nothing else exciting is happening in my life and I don't feel like boring the world with the details of every single run I go on [6 miles @ 7:30 pace this morning ;)] so triathlon pictures are much more fun.


Notice how I'm smiling in both of these pictures. My mom told me "Yeah, it was weird, I don't think I've EVER seen you look happy in a race before!"

The guy who came up with this ridiculous/awesome idea, and my #1 cheering section :)

Nothing much exciting to report about my run today. I got stopped by a train for like 5 minutes which was annoying, and I got all excited because I saw someone open water swimming in Lake Monona [thought process - man, I would so much rather be doing that, I'm hot and my legs hurt. I need a wetsuit. I wonder if she's training for the Ironman?] I felt OK, not great, but I don't really like running in the morning and I'm sure that had something to do with it. Amazingly, I somehow woke up at 8:15 this morning without an alarm..if I could do that more often it would probably help my training out a lot!

This is where I was running today. I'm going to miss this bike path, along with about a million other random little places where I run when I leave Madison...but I think that's another post by itself that I don't feel like thinking about right now, so we'll just leave it at that for the moment. All I know is, Monona Terrace is where the Wisconsin Ironman starts...and its one of my favorite places to run. Coincidence? I think not. ;)

No comments: