Friday, July 01, 2011

July Goals

First I will give myself a big pat on the back because...I am officially done with my first full time PT clinical! It went SO well and I feel like I learned an insane amount...I'll definitely miss my patients (especially adorable old men) but at the same time I am happy to say hellooooooo summer! Welcome back to my life, lazy days of reading for pleasure, staying up late for no reason, and running whenever I feel like it!  However with my new abundance of free time, I've decided I really need to set some goals for myself to keep from slacking.  Soo here are my goals for July!

1. Go back to GBTC practice.
2. Go back to GBTC practice.
3. GO BACK TO GBTC PRACTICE!

Enough is enough.  I need to put on my big girl pants and get back to track workouts...yes they are going to be hard, but with nothing else on my schedule I really don't have the excuse of "I don't have time to take the train over there" any more.

4. Go to yoga at least once a week, preferably more.
I can tell when I don't go to yoga...my legs (hammies especially) get mad.  Now that I'm free to go to any class that any studio offers time-wise, its' time to take advantage!

5. At least 20 minutes of strength training, 3x per week.
It's 20. damn. minutes.  I really have no excuse for slacking on this even when I'm busy.  Gotta put the goal out there to make myself do it though...

6. Race at least once.
Self explanatory. A 5 mile or 10K would be ideal.  In theory I could race an 8 miler in Stowe on the 17th...but...yeah...my preparedness for a hilly 8 miler is questionable at this point.  We'll see.

7. Higher mileage than June. No excuses.

Now that they're on paper, I have to do it, right? However, we'll put off the goals for one more day because I have some clinical completion celebration to do. If you'll excuse me....

1 comment:

J said...

Yes I need to go to Yoga too. I need to make myself go in July and August because I always skimp out and think oh I will be fine without it and then I am not ok.